Sunday 1 March 2020

Ms. Surbhi Arora: An Edupreneur


Ms. Surbhi Arora is an edupreneur with master's in Chemistry, English, and Education. She has more than 11-year experience in the field of training and counselling. At present, she is working at the capacity of a Program Director in the US Curriculum and common core standards with 98th percentile. She is a Master Trainer and facilitator in the field of Teacher Training, Parenting and Career Education. 



Interview

Dr. Preeti Sharda: Please tell me something about your first encounter with the library.

Ms. Surbhi Arora: My first encounter with the library was in school. However, the one, which actually made me fall for books, was a government library I visited during my summer vacation. Piles of old newspapers fascinated me and highly tempted with the rustic covers and peculiar essence these books carried. Indeed, I was heels over my head to the extent these books were piled in racks.

Dr. Preeti Sharda: How the library has made a change in your life?

Ms. Surbhi Arora: My love for books began with the library. This relation was so deep, that I made my own personal library at home with a collection of 1700 books.

Dr. Preeti Sharda: How the library is important for people belonging to your profession?

Ms. Surbhi Arora: I am an Eduprenuer for me books are all I have; any day I would treasure a good book over anything else.

Dr. Preeti Sharda: What do you prefer more e-resources or print resources? 

Ms. Surbhi Arora: At present profile, I travel a lot and am working on eLearning platforms. This change in profile demands something which is light to carry and approachable, when and where required. I am more dependent on my Kindle and eBooks now, then the hard copy. I even have scanned and saved a few pages from my personal favourite collection of books, in case of non-availability of an online edition.

Dr. Preeti Sharda: What are your expectations from a library?

Ms. Surbhi Arora: For me, a library must be updated with the latest available collection of books. It should have an e-catalogue and e-access if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment